December 14, 2008

New to the Blog World!/What does Chic..Personal..Fun Really Mean

Hello, World!

I am new to this blogging thing, but I am excited to learn about all it has to offer.

I'm sure you are wondering what "Chic...Personal..Fun" really means.  I am a part of the growing number of folks blogging about weddings. I hope to take a different spin on things, though. I most likely won't be doing inspiration boards  and definitely not DIY projects (sorry but I suck at those things!) but I will attempt to challenge you, sometimes the wedding establishment and definitely challenge myself. I will have a little bit o' everything so there will be a little something for everyone. 

I'm sure you are thinking, what does "Chic...Personal...Fun" really mean? These are the words that I hope to be the "mantra" for our wedding. A little sumthin' sumthin' to make sure I don't lose sight of what we're trying to do here in the din/craziness that is the wedding world. 

Let me break it down for you:

1. Chic - Simple, elegant, streamlined (although don't you hear that about weddings so much nowadays? Everyone wants a simple, elegant wedding...sigh...at last I am one of them..oh well, I can't promise you that I won't be a part of the herd at some points). Everyone has a different definition of chic, so I hope you will bear with mine as we go along. Let's just say I won't be blogging about big, poofy, dressses...more on that later. 

2. Personal - I want this wedding to be personal. I want Mr. ChicPersonalFun (Mr. CPF for short) and I to really express our love and commitment to each other during our day especially in our ceremony. Not to judge (but I may do so in  some posts), but I am amazed at how some weddings feel as if you can simply insert people into them. I feel like I learn nothing about the couple from that day. I think weddings should at least strive to show who you are as a couple not through your favors or flowers, but through your words and actions. Also I want our wedding to be a celebration of the people in our lives and how grateful we are to have them. I hope to include personal touches for them in our wedding. Hopefully, people will learn about us and feel our love for them on our day.

3. Fun - Umm...I think this one is pretty self-explanatory..who doesn't like to have fun? I'll put the things I find fun out there now: eating a good meal; travelling abroad; cooking a good meal (okay, are you seeing a theme here with the food?); dancing; learning new languages; watching reality TV; Lost (can't wait until January!); being challenged by art, spending quality time with friends, listening to my Mom sing...the list goes on, but I hope you get the idea. I want our wedding to be fun for our guests...period. I will be the first on the dance floor..that's for damn sure! 

If you're out there, say hello and keep a look out for more posts. Hopefully, I will get past my lack of computer knowledge and make this blog fun and interesting. 

If you had three words to signify you or your wedding, what would they be and why?  

No comments: