February 21, 2009

Afrocentric Weddings - Attire


In addition to wonderful ceremony traditions, some who want to bring African traditions into their wedding opt to wear ethnic inspired attire. While I tend not to be too traditional in my view of what one should do for weddings, I do love the look of a traditional wedding dress. At the same time, I think it would be cool to rock an untradtional dress/outfit like these below all while expressing your culture.





Who says grooms can't get involved too? I love gold and white especially in the summer.

I'm loving the soft yet regal head wrap.



This dress is a design from Therez Fleetwood who specializes in Afrocentric/ethnic bridal wear. I love the chic simplicity of this dress.




This dress highlights West African African Andinkra symbols from Ghana each with its own meaning.


I love cowrie shells!

No comments: