March 12, 2009

Let's Get Physical


I am a bride, which means like many other brides I am thinking about how I will look on the big day. I will say that I eat pretty healthful foods. We eat/keep wholesome nutritious food around the houses.  When I don't eat well, my body starts getting angry at me (and I can feel it). The hardest thing for me has always been incorporating exercise into my daily life. While paying for the gym is usually a motivator, I have been known to go extended periods of time letting my membership go. 

This year I've got even more challenges to staying on the healthy food and fitness track. Starting in January I have been travelling every week for work and I am away about 2-3 nights per week. I travel with my co-workers who are two dudes who definitely don't need to fit into a mermaid-esque wedding dress in several months. Try attempting to figure out what's healthy on a McDonald's menu (apparently the Sausage Egg McMuffin isn't that bad) or eating way too much bar food. 

I'm still struggling to figure out how to stay on sort of system. I've been illicting the help of my friend, Jillian.



I've been doing the 30 Day Shred like so many other people off and on for the past month or so. I even was working out with a trainer for a few sessions (the gym had a sale so, why not?).  I'm still struggling though between the traveling each week and stuffing what little free time and errand running into the weekend with some exercise thrown in. 

At this point, I'm not going to be obsessed about weight loss, but just maintaining what I've got. I think the best way to think about this is not to think about losing weight for the wedding, but rather learning healthy habits and better life balance as I enter a new phase. Yeah, okay...looking great wouldn't be so bad either.  

Any suggestions for how to stay in shape during this busy, demanding time?

No comments: