August 4, 2009

Looking Ahead

With the preparations pretty much close to done and things beginning to move closer towards the wedding, I feel like I'm in a bit of a holding pattern here. I don't really feel like I can resume life as I know it just yet because I feel like I've got to put any extra energy I have towards finalizing the wedding planning. At the same time, I'm daydreaming. Oh yes, I'm daydreaming about a time when I will not have to travel for work OR have to partake in any wedding planning. This process has been a lot of fun for me, but I am definitely ready to move on. So, what am I looking forward to taking up or restarting?


1) Knitting - I think I am going to be taking up knitting. FMIL Swan has given me my own little starter kit, and I am excited to take a beginners' class at a local knitting shop. Perhaps knitting will let me get over my DIY insecurities? Any knitters out there care to give any tips to a beginner?




2) Being a docent - I don't know how this is going to work out. I had been chosen to be a docent at a major art museum here in NYC. Then I got my job, which requires me to travel to another part of the state for half the year on a weekly basis. That's not a good combination. Then I had wedding planing in the mix. Needless to say, I missed the rest of docent training. I'm not sure if I'll still be able to participate due to my prolonged absences, but I'd really love a shot at it again.


To partially retrain myself, I'm going to try to slip in a visit to an exhibit of pieces by Francis Bacon, a 20th century British painter who I know nothing about.

3) Seeing friends - not a hobby, but I am sorely out of touch with many of my friends due to travel and wedding planning. I'm so excited to see so many of them that I have not been able to see regularly.

4) Dance - "So You Think You Can Dance" as usual has made me want to get into a studio. I think I may need a dance accountability buddy to make sure that I get myself there.


Hmmm...what else? Trying out the the recipes in the "Nigella Express" and "Joy of Cooking" cookbooks we received as wedding presents; maybe finally making time to brush up on a language (or two) and ofcourse figuring out what to blog about next. In my mind, the possibilities are endless!

Are there any things that you are looking forward to doing AFTER the wedding and the planning are done?

No comments: