January 11, 2010

A Harborside Wedding - The First Moment

With all of this talk about me, I am sure you've been wondering where Mr. Swan is. Here he is!


Mr. Swan was pretty adamant that we do a first look in part because he really wanted us to spend as much time with our family and friends during the cocktail hour as possible. I didn't mind a first look moment because I saw this time as an opportunity to have some quiet time just the two of us.

I started walking through Battery Park from the hotel to meet Mr. Swan, and many people offered me compliments and congratulations.

Mr. Swan stood waiting at the end of the promenade in Battery Park watching the water and boats (including the Staten Island Ferry!) and waiting for me. There were quite a few moments during the day where I just wanted to cry because I was so overcome with emotion. Watching Mr. Swan waiting for me at the end of the promenade and seeing my future ahead of me was one of them. I had to get myself together and say, "Swan, hold it together." (I did this a couple more times during the day).




I walked slowly towards him and...

and got closer..................

and closer.................... (at this point we told Mr. Swan to close his eyes)

and closer..................................

....until I finally gave him a hug.

We finally got a chance to give each other the up and down look. We spent the next few minutes oohing and aahing over each other. I'd seen Mr. Swan's suit but not his whole outfit put together. He looked so good! I have to remind myself that I am lucky to be with a man who doesn't mind wearing pink (hence the pink tie). I actually think pink is a pretty good color for Mr. Swan.

We shared a quick kiss.

Oops! I'm always wiping lip gloss off Mr. Swan.

We hugged.

We laughed and joked.



In general, we enjoyed quiet moments together. It was nice to be in each other's presence preparing to face the world (and a mini photo shoot).

We were finally together and ready to start our wedding day.

Swan Tip #5 - As you may have guessed I am an advocate of the first/pre-ceremony look. I know it's generally a point of debate in the wedding world, but I am going to be advocate for it here. We still had a very emotional ceremony even though we saw each other beforehand. We spent a lot of time with our guests, and so having this time together to greet each other, to hold each other's hands and to walk together was priceless.

All images by Dante Williams

Feel free to catch up if you need to:

No comments: