June 10, 2009

Hurdling


Oh My, Hive!

I feel like I am jumping through hurdles right now. This is the height of my busy season for my job. I am now traveling four days per week. Last week I left at 7:30am on Monday, got home 10pm on Thursday and had a 9:00am meeting at work the next day. I’m beat. I’m tired of traveling, and I’ve still got to plan a wedding. It took us a month to schedule the appointments with our minister because she’s pretty busy, and I’m never home!

When I am home, I spend time running errands and making a feeble attempt at actually relaxing. Sometimes I actually get some work done. I will say that I am glad that I have stuck to my “Keep it Simple” mantra and that has allowed me to not have an exhaustive list of to-dos. Planning ahead during last fall truly helped. I also have to give a big shout to Mr. Swan who has been holding down the fort at home and been extremely helpful.

Sorry to B%#*% and moan. I know I am not the only one out there that has something crazy going one while trying to plan their wedding.

For those of you having major life things going on right now (e.g., a busy job, buying a house, studying for the bar exam or any other major professional exam, moving), how are you maintaining your energy and life balance and making sure that things get done for the wedding?

No comments: