June 3, 2009

With a ---- on Top

As some of you may remember, I was slobbering over this lovely cupcake stand from Martha Stewart. I've actually decided to take a different tact with cupcakes, which I'll blog about at a later time. Either way, I have been thinking about what I could do to add a little sumthin' sumthin' to them. 

I stumbled onto the idea of cupcake flags. This is most definitely something you can DIY, and I am sure there are many of you out there who will be planning on doing so. For those that like to outsource like me, there are some options out there on Ye Olde Etsy that will save you a bit of time. 



This is just a sample of the designs available, and I love the  jewel for a little bling effect. These can be completely personalized.

If you want to take it to a whole other level, check out Goosegrease. A little mini you for a cupcake or two?


You also have the option of getting these little ones as wedding cake toppers too, and Miss Stiletto blogged about them a little while ago. They can be custom made (I like the fact that they have little brown ones). 

For those with a more simple chic look, try this other option from Goosegrease.


Birds anyone?


They're made of felt (By the Cupcake Girls)

Maybe something that actually looks like a flag.

From Bonne Nouvelle of Etsy


Are you doing anything special to decorate your cake or cupcakes? 

No comments: